1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch disc too big for the clutch PP and flywheel.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by K2e2vin, Apr 3, 2006.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I've installed a 89 Civic clutch disc along with an 88 PP and flywheel. Reason being is because I am cheap, and as for the 89 clutch disc...it's because I have a DOHC ZC transmission that uses the 20 spline shaft.

While I was installing the clutch though, I noticed the disc from the 89 was a little bigger. It still fit inside the PP housing though, but was a little bigger than the friction area on the flywheel. Does anyone know what kinds of problems will arise? I'm not worried about the durability of this setup, because I plan on getting a clutch kit pretty soon(just needed something to get my car running ASAP), but just need it to run for about 1-2 months.

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

How much bigger? Also do the splines on the clutch disc match the splines on the transmission? That will be a problem if they dont match. As for the size issue, if it clears the pressure plate fine, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Well, it's in the transmission now. Yes, the clutch disc fits the transmission(DOHC ZC transmission; 20 spline...same as 89+).

According to si0385@H-T, 89-91 clutch discs are 20mm larger.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted