clutch disc too big for the clutch PP and flywheel.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I've installed a 89 Civic clutch disc along with an 88 PP and flywheel. Reason being is because I am cheap, and as for the 89 clutch disc...it's because I have a DOHC ZC transmission that uses the 20 spline shaft.

While I was installing the clutch though, I noticed the disc from the 89 was a little bigger. It still fit inside the PP housing though, but was a little bigger than the friction area on the flywheel. Does anyone know what kinds of problems will arise? I'm not worried about the durability of this setup, because I plan on getting a clutch kit pretty soon(just needed something to get my car running ASAP), but just need it to run for about 1-2 months.

How much bigger? Also do the splines on the clutch disc match the splines on the transmission? That will be a problem if they dont match. As for the size issue, if it clears the pressure plate fine, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Well, it's in the transmission now. Yes, the clutch disc fits the transmission(DOHC ZC transmission; 20 spline...same as 89+).

According to si0385@H-T, 89-91 clutch discs are 20mm larger.

Back