clutch feels light..too light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

i got a new oem clutch from honda...the clutch feels way to light...i used brake fluid that "exceeds DOT 3 &4"....could that be the problem...also i bled lines correctly and refilled them correctly..no air..y does the clutch feel so light??

ok...thats how they are. stock pressure plates feel like BUTTER. so yea, what did you expect? DMAN noobs

If it's working and engaging at the right point (IE, not with the clutch pedal 1 mm from the floor) then I wouldn't worry about it.

Honda manual transmissions rock*.

*At least compared to some other cars I've driven, which admittedly isn't a lot.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Nov 7 2003, 11:37 AM
i got a new oem clutch from honda...the clutch feels way to light...i used brake fluid that "exceeds DOT 3 &4"....could that be the problem...also i bled lines correctly and refilled them correctly..no air..y does the clutch feel so light??

I'm having the same problem, good engagement, but its so effing light. My buddies, pushes your foot off it when you go, mine is like, loose I swear yet it grabs strong and only slightly slips when I shift at high rpms.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Nov 7 2003, 05:35 PM-->
h22bubbleback
@Nov 7 2003, 11:37 AM

I'm having the same problem, good engagement, but its so effing light. My buddies, pushes your foot off it when you go, mine is like, loose I swear yet it grabs strong and only slightly slips when I shift at high rpms.

ITS STOCk... thats how they are.... end of story

if the clutch is engaging at the right point, and not burning, then it is fine.

If it's not, then there might be problem. If it's not engaging, and it's that light, then the pedal might not even be connected lol.

I got something of the same problem, my pedal is kinda firm a little low (does'nt seem to be a problem), but doesn't seem to engage. I just finished puttin the axles in and I started it up and let off the clutch, wheels didn't spin, but the speedometer went up, I don't have the linkage in so I'm not sure what gear it's in? Anyone know what the problem could be

Back