clutch/fliwheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
just wondering what would be the best clutch and fliwheel combo, for my rsx type s, all i have is bolt ons race header, exhaust,intake and k-pro, i only drag launch this car every now and then maybe once every 5 mounts, i mostly just race from a 40mph roll with this car, all my other cars had exceddy clutches in them, but im wanting something diff, maybe centerforce or something whats a good one for what im looking for on that car

Which Exedy were you running.. the OEM replacement or the stage 1? I put a stage 1 in my friend's GSR CRX and been very pleased with it. It's supposed to hold around 40% more torque than stock and has a nice stiffer pedal too. But I guess if that's what you already had you know that already :)

I've heard a lot of good stuff about ACT, but all I've ever personally used has been Exedy.

I used an exedy stage 1 clutch and an exedy flywheel. The flywheel is a nice piece, and is/ or was cheaper than the fidanza. My setup has roughly 14k on it, and has held up great to 8 lbs of boost.

i have act in my type r rite now is been great all the abuse i give it it never gave me problems

I've heard a lot of good stuff about ACT, but all I've ever personally used has been Exedy.

Are you serious?? I can link from people with K-series that the gears get stuck because of the poor quality design...

ACT + K series = BAD CHOICE - Club RSX Message Board

IF I were you I would go Competition CLutch... Im using one on my k24 built civic. Love it. I daily drive the thing..and no problems at all.. Even in stop and go traffic.

Back