Clutch/flywheel/suspension install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

would it be worth installing a clutch and flywheel myself or paying a shop to do it. i don't have much experience i think i can do it. just might take a while. i don't know how much shops usually charge for that. also, does anyone have any experience with polyurethane bushing kits? like are they worth it and how hard is it to install?

It's worth it if you have the tools to do it. Shops will usually charge from $150 on up to replace a clutch and flywheel.

Poly bushings are a very good thing- but they are a pain in the ass to install. If a shop is willing to do it for you, expect to pay a lot for the job. A do it yourself bushing install typically takes a few days... I have a set in my Civic and I love it.

shops rip you off bad on clutch work. Do it yourself and save massive green. i just did my 90 crx it takes some time but its cheaper. the clutch was simple unbolt then bolt the new one on, easy as cake.

My 91 rex with my teg swap has a fully poly ur suspension bushing setup, i wont keep stock again, its like night and day, I love the bushings and they make the car feel amazing, i have nothing but good thigns to say about them, they did take time tho, i had the use of my bases auto hobby shop, you WILL need a hydrolic press and those lill press out bastards are a pain in the rear, but its worth it.

I used energy suspensions kits, decent prices, Excellent quality, very complete and has detailed instructions

i bought that whole kit for 100 on ebay

good luck bud DO IT YOURSELF AND LEARN SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back