Clutch for turbo hatch, which one and do I need a new flywheel?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lionsfreak

He guys I just finished my 14B turbo on my 93' DX hatch on saturday. I took it out to give my buddy a drive and my clutch slipped bad, I was still going but it wasn't grabbing at all. Does anyone have past experience with stage 1, 2 or 3's? I am thinking stage 2 but not sure, also should I buy a new flywheel as well or is it a was of $$$? Thanks in advance on all the help.

I had a 95 integra turbo my clutch started slipping then i bought a stage 2 clutch b/c i was using it as a daily driver. I prefer stage 2 rather than stiff stage 3. Go with a new clutch, pressure plate and flywheel unless you have time to have flywheel cut. ACT / Advanced Clutch Technology®

i would buy exedy, act, competition clutch or center force... street/strip disk kit. maybe with a not to light flywheel.

i used a lightened oem ls flywheel for my build. 75 bucks at a machine shop.

Does the stage 2 and lightened flywheel make much of a difference?

I've had the ACT HDSS recommended to me. There was a writeup on the turbo-d forum that listed that one has having the best balance between usability and not getting torn to shreds too quickly when used for a DD.

John

It does have the factory clutch in it with 250,000 miles. At least as far as I know, I wonder if I just replaced it with a good OEM style it that woudl fix the problem? But I guess if I am in there I should just spend the money and do it right this time.....

Back