clutch install tips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

i gotta replace my clutch in my crx on my s1 tranny and i gotta do this job in my garage,i got a couple jacks and a couple jackstands..first is it possible for me to do this job..i think i can but it looks like its gonna be a bigtime job..does anyone have any tips?step by step walkthrough or somethin?thanks to anyone who can help me out

yes you can do it, i did mine a few weeks ago. have a friend around to help you out, the tranny is tough to pull off and put back on. do you have a helms manual? if not, i suggest getting one for that motor, it has the process step by step. just make sure the car is on jackstands, and when disconnecting the pass. side mounts, put the jack under the tranny, then lower the motor onto another set of jackstands (put mine at the outer edges of the oil pan, where the bolts are). you need to tilt the motor so that the tranny can be pulled out from under the car. get yourself a helms, there is a lot to type out step by step.
here is a writup on c-speed racing.
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cclu...utch/clutch.php

did mine w/out the clutch alignment tool, used a socket instead :)

Back