1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch is slipping...

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by 95 VTEC, May 10, 2010.

1. 95 VTEC

95 VTEC New Member

driving 95 prelude. i replaced my master and slave a few weeks ago after the slave died on me and havent had a problem. now my clutch is starting to slip pretty bad. ive heard its a common problem for the clutch to go after replacing the master and slave, but i dont know. however im not sure whether to just replace the clutch with a stock one or go with an aftermarket. if i were to put in an aftermarket my question is would i need to upgrade to a heavier flywheel? i dont want to spend more than i have to and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

i would just do a stock clutch replacement. And im 99% sure a heavier flyweel isnt an upgrade, correct me if im wrong but most people get lightweight flywheels with their upgraded clutches.

3. civicorprelude67

civicorprelude67 New Member

a lighter flywheel is considered an upgraded

4. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

stock flywheel will be fine. you dont gain much in an all motor car with a lighter flywheel. you may gain power but you lose rotational mass.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted