clutch is slipping...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95 VTEC

driving 95 prelude. i replaced my master and slave a few weeks ago after the slave died on me and havent had a problem. now my clutch is starting to slip pretty bad. ive heard its a common problem for the clutch to go after replacing the master and slave, but i dont know. however im not sure whether to just replace the clutch with a stock one or go with an aftermarket. if i were to put in an aftermarket my question is would i need to upgrade to a heavier flywheel? i dont want to spend more than i have to and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

driving 95 prelude. i replaced my master and slave a few weeks ago after the slave died on me and havent had a problem. now my clutch is starting to slip pretty bad. ive heard its a common problem for the clutch to go after replacing the master and slave, but i dont know. however im not sure whether to just replace the clutch with a stock one or go with an aftermarket. if i were to put in an aftermarket my question is would i need to upgrade to a heavier flywheel? i dont want to spend more than i have to and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

i would just do a stock clutch replacement. And im 99% sure a heavier flyweel isnt an upgrade, correct me if im wrong but most people get lightweight flywheels with their upgraded clutches.

stock flywheel will be fine. you dont gain much in an all motor car with a lighter flywheel. you may gain power but you lose rotational mass.

Back