clutch issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Inflames1989

I have a 1990 Honda Prelude, 5 speed manual.

One morning this week I could not shift and my clutch would stick to the floor when I pushed it in. I then went on to put in a new clutch master and slave cylinders. This went fine and I bled everything out, got what seemed to be all the air out, there was no more air in the line and I did it over once more, and then cleaned up the work space. Then the problems continued;

When I push the clutch in, it comes back, but I still have to do a little work to pop it back in to place.

At first I still could not shift, however I can now shift in to gears, which I couldn't do before, but that involved pumping the clutch pedal numerous times.

The main point is; I still have pitifully minimal clutch travel, the clutch will still sometimes stick to the floor, and there is a strange, scratching noise when shifting.

Agreed I had this happen with my Clutch only it was my line it was leaking a little drop at a time allowing air in :(

I know this is an old thread, but, serrilion, what kind of car was it, i just bought a 90 accord, and my clutch is acting just like inflames1989, what did both of you do? and where is a common place for the leak?

isnt the 1990 honda accord cable clutch???if soo then you can prolly just adjust the amount of tension right outside the tranny

isnt the 1990 honda accord cable clutch???if soo then you can prolly just adjust the amount of tension right outside the tranny

he talks about getting the air out. must be hydro.

i'll bet money you've got a leak in the clutch line, nothing else.

yes but it requires special tools. you need a brake line pressure testing kit. autozone carries them $50+. go see if you have a leak. i'm tellin ya... lol

Could be bad clutch master cylinder. I had same symptoms on my 1990 Accord; turned out to be bad clutch MC.

Back