Clutch Issues...........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlow89

93 Del Sol
I have a 93 Del Sol. I just recently did a motorswap. i had a d15sohc non vtech. I swapped for a d15 sohc vtec. the motor runs great. the tranny seems to be running great. when i took out the old motor i was planning on replacing the clutch. when i removed the clutch from its hoiusing. one of the springs in the clutch was missing. it was sitting in the clutch housing. i don't know what would cause this. i noticed something was wrong with the clutch beacause i had to pop the clutch to go. i couldn't roll of slowly or anything. So i replaced the clutch. The new clutch went on the same tranny but with the new motor. i drove it around my mechanics annex for a while. the clutch was great. it let off as soon as you lifted your foot. just like my yota. i loved it. know its back to the same old popping again. if anyone knows what is wrong please let me know. thaks alot.

something otehr than the clutch is causing the problem, replace the throw out bearing, it could be causing the rough engagement.

When I Did The Swap With The Motor And Clutch. I Did The Whole Clutch Kit. Which Included The Throw Bearing. I Think It Might Be In The Tranny. It Only Makes The Grinding Noise Right As You Take Off.(5mph)
I Don't Know. Its Not A Problem Right Now But It Could Mess Something Up In The Long Run So Im Trying To Find Out What It Is.

Back