Clutch needed...which one should I buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

werd. i wouldnt wanna drive that teg every day unless i had to.

Yeah, I still have it. I might give you a call about the transmission february. I'm definitely looking forward to upgrading to a new generation transmission. You have the GSR transmission, right? What ever happened to the civic?

any unsprung puck clutch will be very harsh and i bet you will kill it all the time and look like and ass all the time
I'll let you know. I make an ass of myself all the time in every aspect of life. I have an 8lb AASCO flywheel, so I have to rev it anyway. There is absolutely no momentum in that flywheel. I'm hoping to get an Insight or a new R6 by the summer, so it won't be my daily for too much longer. I'm turning it into a road racer - slowly but surely. I just put solid Innovative mounts in it, so that's only the first step, lol. 6 puck, here I come.

I'll keep you updated on how the clutch feels. Action clutches - even the 6 puck unsprung - are recommended by Rocket, and have satisfied lots of turbo guys on honda-tech, so we'll see.

good luck i cant imagine a puck clutch in a dd with a 8lb flywheel

Yeah, I still have it. I might give you a call about the transmission february. I'm definitely looking forward to upgrading to a new generation transmission. You have the GSR transmission, right? What ever happened to the civic?

Nope, not the GSR transmission. I have the JDM SiR2 transmission with the OEM LSD in it. The overall ratios are pretty similar to the USDM ITR, but the spacing between gears is a LOT more even.

Nope, not the GSR transmission. I have the JDM SiR2 transmission with the OEM LSD in it. The overall ratios are pretty similar to the USDM ITR, but the spacing between gears is a LOT more even.

PM me with how much you want for it. I might be able to swing down through Texas when I go out to denver to see my sister again, and pick it up from you. That's a couple of months off, but I look forward to powder this season up at Copper Mtn. or Vail.

Anyway. The clutch should be here tomorrow, so disassembly of my engine bay will be an afternoon well spent. :) Pics to come :)

PM me with how much you want for it. I might be able to swing down through Texas when I go out to denver to see my sister again, and pick it up from you. That's a couple of months off, but I look forward to powder this season up at Copper Mtn. or Vail.

Anyway. The clutch should be here tomorrow, so disassembly of my engine bay will be an afternoon well spent. :) Pics to come :)

Dude, swinging through Houston, TX on your trip through Denver is like me swinging through Bangor, ME on my way through Dayton, OH.

Seems a lil strange.

well, I will weigh the differences between fuel cost and shipping, and see if meeting mike in person is worth it, lol. :p

I'll have to think about it. Give me a call any time. :)

Dude, swinging through Houston, TX on your trip through Denver is like me swinging through Bangor, ME on my way through Dayton, OH.

Seems a lil strange.

:werd:

well, I will weigh the differences between fuel cost and shipping, and see if meeting mike in person is worth it, lol. :p

Yes it is- either that or :calban: :D

Clutch is in. It feels good. Here is my old clutch....

No more sprung hubs for me....

Here is a tool I made to hammer out the bitch pin...cheaper than an 8mm pin punch, and it fits the bill perfectly.

Attachments

• pin picture.JPG
    pin picture.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 96
Hey Mike, how's that clutch working out? I also was thinking about picking up an unsprung action clutch as well after someone convinced me its not so horrible as i've heard. Hell, its usually cheaper than most such as kevlar. It will be daily driver for now, just waiting for my B16 LSD install to be complete. BTW, anyone need a mint LS tranny with new diff installed & a oh so clean glassbeaded case??? :D

shameless plug...i'm sorry. :)

Lol. The initial engagement isn't bad, but there is a bit of chatter at the end of it if you don't get the car moving fast enough, or rev it a bit more than usual. As was stated before, I have an 8lb flywheel, so that makes the chatter a bit worse than I imagine it would be for a heavier flywheel. The engine feels more directly connected to the wheels without the sprung hub, however; Action Clutch sent me the wrong throwout bearing, so I am in the process of getting that exchanged, and using my old one in the meantime until I can the new one in. I realize it means pulling the transmission again, but if I get up at 7am, I can have the job done by noon, so it's no big deal. If anything, it's just extra practice. This just needs to hold me over until I can buy Mike's transmission off him. Shorter gears and an LSD are definitely on order for the VTEC head I'll be putting on in the next couple of months. :)

And werd, buy his LS tranny someone. lol.

:D Yea i'm using it as a temp tranny while the B16 starts tripping on LSD & prolong the high with an LS 5th. Mmmm...hwy cruisin'

Shift's like butter...

i dont mean to jack ur thread, but I have a question.

i'm looking to get the 2KS clutch kit w/ an 8lb flywheel, prolly the toda one, maybe the Xact. anyway. they only have the 2KS listed for a 99-00 civic si. I've got a 95' Del Sol B16, so would it fit? The fly wheel says it fits all b series so that's covered.

and i plan on turbo, in about a year. the stock clutch is showing wear..

yeah, the 2ks for a 99-00 civic will work in all 92+ b-series transmissions. The action clutch flywheel looks sweet. I am running an AASCO 8lb. flywheel, and it is great, no complaints. They are sold by HeelToe Automotive

hmm it's too bad the chromoly action flywheel is only made in 12lbs... but the price is awesome. over at inline four.com where i've been looking they want $450 for a toda 8.8lb flywheel (chromoly). I once had a bike made out of chromoly...makes me wonder. How much better is chromoly than aluminum? I know preformance doesn't matter, but how about reliability/durability?

Chromoly (and all steel alloys for that matter) a more flexible material than aluminum, but I don't know how pertinent that is in the construction of flywheels. I do know that my aluminum flywheel scratches more easily. I'd go with the chromoly one if you can get it, ACT makes nice flywheels as well as Exedy. And also look at Competition Clutch, they might offer one as well.

Back