Clutch not disengaging?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jetmech

I have a civic with a B18c engine and trans swap. The trans is VERY hard to get in gear with the engine running, with it off it slips into each gear without a problem or without using the clutch. I put the car in neutral, clutch depressed and start rocking it, I then have the trans shifted to 1st. It will not go directly in until the two rotate/align properly, then it gets hard to rock like the car is in gear and the clutch is released and your working against the engine compression. It acts to me like the clutch is not disengaging, I have checked the hydraulic system. No leaks and ops checks fine. Any ideas?? The clutch is an ACT stage 2 installed 5/03. Worst news is this is my first import car and I have only had it 5days. Yes, I did have it checked out by my local import turner shop.

if you have had it checked then they should be able to tell you what the problem is or they are fing incompitant.

i bet your clutch is toast. mine did the same thing last week. what happend was the spring in the hub of the clutch disk broke out and was getting stuck between the pressure plate and the clutch.

so just to check here

you had someone press the clutch while you were looking under the hood to confirm that it was pushing the slave cylinder out?

The shop checked out the car BEFORE I bought it, the problem happened several days later. Yes, the slave cylinder is going full travel. I even tricked it to go max, it didn't help. The clutch is an ACT with an indigo(alu) flywheel. I talked with ACT they said testing with the aluminum flywheels has shown that they tend to warp, and that this could be a problem. I am in the process of pulling the tranny out, will update when I get to the problem. Thanks for the responses.
Update 8/27-
Pulled the tranny out, three or four fingers on the pressure plate were LOWER than the others 1/8 of an inch, enough to be seen. mmmm! maybe this could be the problem?? Pulled the pressure plate and disk. Both showed signs of overheating along with the flywheel. No conclusive findings. Had the fork and trans piviot looked at by Honda, as this is my first Honda and I'm not really sure what it should look like. Both are okay. Ordered a new clutch assy and a street lite flywheel, hope to be back on the road soon.

Back