Clutch not engaging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was driving my car home and I noticed a problem with gear shifting. My car is a 95 Accord with a H22a. The car was orginially an automatic converted to a manual. I check if there was a problem with my clutch pedal. I lost two to three inches from the pedal. Well, my question is: Could I have air bubbles in my clutch line, resulting in lost of pressure? Or, could it be the firewall where the clutch pedal is mounted on is bending when I press down on it? Causing, the clutch pedal not to fully engage. Or, could it be the bushings?

Also, I want to know if anyone who converted from automatic to manual had this problem with their clutch pedal.

Thanks!

i did a auoto to manual conversion on my 96 accord and i had the same problem. mine was because the auto car didnt come with the mount bracket attached to the car that secured the pedal from above. so slowly it bend down until the clutch wouldnt disengage anymore. i fixed it by making a bracket and secureing it from above and i havent had any problems since. also i noticed a 100% improvement on the way the pedal felt when it was secured properly. hope this helps.

i've done the auto to manual in a 93 with no problems, only ever saw the firewall get fucked on one ford probe, and it did the same shit...

if its not the brace then i would check your slave cylinder, then master, after you confirmed that your fluid is full of course...

So your clutch is not disengaging, as in, you can't shift well.

You can bleed the hydraulic lines, and check your freeplay. Check out the master and slave cylinders and double check your pedal assembly.

Although it seems like more, the clutch disk only moves less than one tenth of an inch. Log truck discs move about .060" . Any give along the way to lessen movement is a big deal. The good news is that it shouldn't be that hard to figure out, if you take the time.

Thanks guys for the information. I think I found the problem, it has something to do with a clutch pedal itself. I think the bracket or the mount, or whatever they call it broke. It was dark when I noticed the problem, then I checked it when there was light outside. I notice the clutch pedal was hanging, so I pushed it up the bracket and held it there. While doing that I decided to press down on the clutch pedal and the clutch pedal worked fine. Until I let go of the bracket or mount.

Hey project_accord? How do you make the bracket for the clutch pedal? I was planning to take my car to a local swap shop, and have them weld the bracket back on.

Back