clutch not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpayaso201

:confused:i have replaced the clutch master and the slave clyinder and i keep loosing my clutch it will work once i bleed it but then it will go away. its FUkking annoying what do i need to do to fix this! thanks :confused:

I don't understand, are you losing pressure or is the clutch slipping?

Are you losing any fluid? Maybe you have a leak somewhere.

If it's slipping, you need to replace the clutch.

jimmy helped his uncle jack off the horse

Jimmy helped his uncle, Jack, off the horse.

Do you understand the importance of proper punctuation and capitalization? Speeling I could care less about.

Now, bleed the damn thing. It'll take two people, unless you've got a nice vaccume pump. It takes about 30 minutes. Then you'll be able to drive it again.

ok what i ment was that my clutch is not disenguageing when i push in the clutch so i am not able to inguage in any gear i bleed the system and it works awsome. but five or ten minutes later i have no clutch.

I dunno, there isn't a whole lot involved in the correct operation of the clutch. I would check the slave cyl. again.

Find some UV engine oil dye. It's great stuff. Put a few drops of it in the fluid, then play with the clutch for a while. Then bust out the black-light and see where it's leaking. Because the only explanation for what you're describing is a leak.

If you have enough air in the system after you bleed it, to bleed it again, there's a leak.

You have to bench bleed the slave cylinder before you put it on. Then afterwards, you have to bleed the slave cylinder again from the transaxle end. Just make sure you are doing this correctly, I see a lot of people do it wrong. If after you correctly bench bleed and then bleed again from the slave cylinder bleedeer valve (near transaxle), and you still have no pedal than you might want to start checking for leaks or a bad slave cylinder.

what is the correct way to bench bleed the slave cylinder? what r the tools needed?

A flat head screwdriver (to push the cylinder in and out). You can actually buy a bench bleed kit from an auto parts store. They usally come with the master cylinder when you buy a replacement. Two clear hoses and two plastic screw in fittings. Depending on the cylinder, it varies with what you get in the kit. Just goto a shop and have them bench bleed it for you.

idk, i may have done it wrong, i bought a new master and slave, and replaced the clutchline, and didnt bench bleed anything, just bled it like normal. works fine, never an issue. feels very nice and defined. just my .02

well i was looking at the system and the slave is working properly could the presure plate not be releasing how could i check that ?

You'd have to pull the trans off.

I guess it could be the TOB, but that's unlikely since it's sporadic and you say it works after you bleed the system.

It really sounds like a leak or a bad cylinder.

check for leaks real good. it could also be leaking inside the cabin from the master cylinder.

it sounds to me like it's probably not in your throw out bearing or pressure plate, etc. must be a leak in the hydraulic system. like 92civicb18b1 said, sporadic, and a clutch bleed fixes it temporarily.

i think it works cuz i have to pump the clutch pedle alot the slave comes out about 1 inch so i know it is good. im not losing any fluids because i check the fluid in the master i will have to take the system off to check it again.

I've got a 02 civic ex manual trans. Just replaced my blown motor, started it up and it sounds good. But the clutch pedal goes to the floor and back with no pressure. During the motor swap I never unhooked the lines so I should have clutch pressure. Checked for leaks didn't see any. The fluid resivoir was low but not below the low mark, so I filled it to the " do not fill above this line mark". The slave cylinder ( pushes against the clutch fork ) is not getting any pressure and no fluid. I can't bleed the line if there is no fluid. The pedal goes in and out of the master cylinder but with no pressure. I'm gonna replace the master cylinder just thought i'd ask if anyone knew what might be going on.

Back