Clutch not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kaishaku

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I went out to the car just 10 minutes ago and pushed down the clutch to start the car... and it went down WAY too easily. The car started but then I couldn't get it in gear.

I checked the clutch fluid reservoir -- it was empty, so I filled it up, ran the car for a few minutes while pumping the clutch pedal, hoping to build up some pressure.

It seemed to be working -- just now, I was able to get the car in gear.

So the question: Is it safe to drive the car and just watch the clutch fluid to make sure this doesn't happen again? I'm guessing the master cylinder is probably leaking or something.

ok. im guessin you have a hydro tranny right? well if you do keep pumping your clutch and keep adding fluid between each time you pump it as needed. on the front of your tran theres this little thing (it looks similar to a screw) get a wrench and turn it. when the fluid comes out that is what bleeding the line of air is. dont mean to sound so simple its just happened to me before. and like i said remember to keep putting fluid in everytime you pump it. pump it 20-30 times and then go to the front of the car and bleed it. do this as many times as necessary until you think it is back to normal. let me know how it works!

Shoulda mentioned that. It's a 92 Accord EX.

I made it to school OK, at least.

I think you're right -- I probably need to bleed the lines. I'll check the manual on that.

Thanks.

Back