Clutch pedal problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM-ED7

Well THANX in advance and my question is if anyone has encountered this problem before. I had some sort of short in my car because when you step on the clutch or put any sort of pressure on the pedal it cuts off power from everything and car wont start. When the pedal is pressed you can hear the motor things from the seat bealts on the doors click. Sorry by the way the car is a 91 civic si. If anyone can help I really appreciate it.

that is really strange......try unplugging the seat belt computer under the dash and see if it helps anything.....also check for any blown fuses :cry: hope this helps a bit

Pushing in the clutch grounds out the clutch whatever...maybe there is a short somewhere & when you depress the clutch your shorting something out.

Thanx for the help ,but yeah its strange. I unpluged the sensor from the clutch pedal and it still does the same thing. It seems like if you bearly tap the pedal even with your finger tips and it makes the short. Im going to take out the dash tommorow to see the wiring behind, to see if there's any burnt wires. :cry:

Do you have cruise control?

If you do then you will have a sensor that disables the cruise as soon as you barely tap the clutch (even with a finger like you said). I would check all that wiring as well if your CC equipped.

Back