clutch pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

So I spent all day putting my new clutch in and got everything together again. After I bled the clutch system the clutch pedal just seems soooo light to push, not anything like my old one. I started the car up and drove it around but its like you barely have to let off the clutch and they car starts moving foward.

It just worries me cause it seems like there should be more pressure in the pedal;
or maybe its just that this is the first time i have ever had a new clutch. Damn this is gonna take a while to get used to!

Quoted post[/post]]
So I spent all day putting my new clutch in and got everything together again. After I bled the clutch system the clutch pedal just seems soooo light to push, not anything like my old one. I started the car up and drove it around but its like you barely have to let off the clutch and they car starts moving foward.

It just worries me cause it seems like there should be more pressure in the pedal;
or maybe its just that this is the first time i have ever had a new clutch. Damn this is gonna take a while to get used to!
Is it a dynapak clutch kit from autozone?
If so, that is why, that is normal, sucks, but normal.

No its a Valeo...probably not the best clutch in the world but I've been told by numerous people that it is a decent clutch. Not going to be racing really.

The ease that the pedal goes down could be that you didn't get all the air out or it could just be that freshly lubed and installed clutch feel. That may or may not be something to worry about. The real problem is that the clutch engages when you just let out the pedal barely. That has to be a clutch problem(wrong one? installation?) because being a hydraulic system there is no adjustment for free travel. Well actually you can adjust the pedal, but I am assuming that it didn't do that before this clutch or you wouldn't be asking us about it, meaning that messing with the pedal won't help. I would make sure you bled the slave correctly and thoroughly. I'm pretty sure that is all your problem is.

Bleed it again. Same thing happened to me with my new clutch this past weekend. You have air in your lines. Mine has plenty of pressure now.

hmmm...i bled it a few times...but yeah it does feel that way. I will get someone to help me bleed it some more. I talked to this mechanic and he was like " oh no it feels fine", then he was like "the car works doesnt it; what are you complaining about?" This from the mechanic who said he was going to help me change the clutch and then bailed on me leaving me to do the whole thing myself. I think he just doesnt want to help so he is saying its fine.

Back