clutch problem after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Ok, 1993 civic EX
B16A sirII
LSD tranny
Im not gonna get into all the specifics of that we have done motor wise because this car is supposed to be kept under wraps until its final release at the track, either way, we installed clutchmasters stage 5 clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, replaces TO bearing and pilot bearing, stock flywheel.
Car ran fine and drove fine for 2 days

Problem: when car starts, clutch engaged(up) or disengaged(on floor), car in neutral, horrible grinding noise coming from bellhousing, cannot put car in gear

Problem: When car starts in gear and clutch disengaged(pedal on floor) car tries to move as if clutch wasn't being pushed, but its irradicly trying to surge forward (the car)

Solutions attempted:
Checked fluid level, tranny and hydraulic system
Bled clutch system
checked for leaks (found none)
what the hell should I do next???? there is no way anythign happened to the clutch, its BRAND new, and the motor doesn't have its forced induction on it yet, so its not like any power has been put to the clutch yet.

I just don't understand what it could be, maybe its the master cylinder? Either way, from what I can tell its like the clutch won't disengage all the way, (eg not letting the car go into gear when started in neutral, AND when started in 1st gear the car tries to move even with the clutch pushed in. I just don't get it, its almost like when I had a problem with a broken pressure plate a few years ago, but that is technically impossible. Please help me out, send me an e-mail aightbal@nycap.rr.com so I can get this done asap.

Back