Clutch problem, broken flywheel? HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thecca

Hi, I got a EG powered by a ZC JDM (d16a)

Everytime I release the clutch slowly it's knocking somewhere, like if something was square...tok tok tok

It doesn't always do it, sometimes, my clutch it barely new, I'm running a 10PSI setup and it doesn't slip or anything...

Thanks

Pascal

Pull the clutch and check it out. I would guess that one of the hub springs in the clutch disc has broken loose. You could also have loose bolts holding your flywheel to your crank, this is a problem I have seen on many vehicles that were auto to manual swapped. All of the honda motors that I have seen come in through local importers were from auto cars. When you pull the flex plate off and install the flywheel it is really easy to use the wrong length bolt causing them to work loose and create a knocking noise just like you are describing.

If its just chattering and not slipping or anything like that, then I agree with the guy above me. But also check your distributor..... I know it sounds dumb but the distributor oil seal goes out all the freakin time, and it leaks a ever so small amount of oil down onto where the transmission mates to the block.... If that oil gets on your clutch/pressure plate then it WILL cause hot spots on the clutch/pressure plate/flywheel and make it chatter. A good sign that this is the problem is if you occasionally get the smell like your clutch is burning or heating up. Its not nessecarily getting hot a burning but its burning off all the oil.

Back