clutch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EJT VTEC

i recently changed my master and slave clutch cylinder on my 94 accord vtec and it was fine till about a couple weeks ago when all of a sudden the clutch pedal went to the floor. everything works ok when i fill the fluid but i seem to be having to do that every couple days. Is there any problem i should be aware of. thanks in advance for your help

A leak somewhere :shrug2:

i recently changed my master and slave clutch cylinder on my 94 accord vtec and it was fine till about a couple weeks ago when all of a sudden the clutch pedal went to the floor. everything works ok when i fill the fluid but i seem to be having to do that every couple days. Is there any problem i should be aware of. thanks in advance for your help

Well, then there's definitely a leak somewhere. Check behind the carpet in the cab, under the clutch pedal; and just work your way to the slave cylinder.

have someone sit in the car while pressing the clutch pedal and look for the leak, after the reservoir is filled of course.

Well, then there's definitely a leak somewhere. Check behind the carpet in the cab, under the clutch pedal; and just work your way to the slave cylinder.

+1
if you dont see leak outside than its on inside of the car and only 1 part will leak inside its a master cylinder. look at the shaft for master cylinder (1 between pedal and cylinder ) and if you see wet under rubber boot where shaft goes in than your master is bad

thanks for your advice i had a real close look for the leak it was coming from inside the car so took the master cylinder off and found that there was a problem and it was really wet so honda obviously sold me a faulty one so now ive changed it over hopefully the leak goes away. My slave cylinder looks fine. Thanks for all your help

trans issue as well after slave and master replacement

replaced both clutch cylinder and slave cylinder due to clutch issues.symtom was the clutch when depressed, wasnt fully engaging causing shifter not to go into gear. when car is on jackstands,i start it,engage clutch pedal,shift into first and while tires up off ground,it engages fine but wheels spinning.when i step on the brake while in gear,while having clutch pedal depressed to floor,it wants to die. any help would be great!!!! Oh, replaced both slave/master cylinders and same issues persist as before the parts replacement.

could be few reasons
1) its could be of adjustment try to adjust rod going from pedal to master cylinder
or
2) your pressure plate is bad
or
3) you still have air in the system try to bleed system

Back