Clutch problems after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

savedone

Swapped my B18b into a 96 ek . Clutch worked fine before swap. Know it wont engage. Like if there was no clutch. All gears go in fine with clutch in. But when I start it jolts forward. Replaced master and slave cylinder so dont know what to do .HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also bleed the systems more times than I can remember.

So when you are just sitting there with the clutch in and the car running it will go into gear without jumping forward but when you try to release the clutch it jumps??

weird!!!
Did you remove the tranny etc during the swap?

No I cant get it into gear with the car on. If I put it into gear and press the clutch it jolts forward. Like if I was not stepping on the clutch.:confused:

well the clutch isn't disengaging then. Get someone to look at the slave cylinder when you push the clutch in and see if its even moving.

same clutch that was in my DC. So fork was never removed. I did get into a accident with the DC. But clutch worked fine after. SO I will pull the tranny. Did not want to but dont know what else to do.

I had a simlar problem( maybe)... my pressure plate was fuck up because a pieces of metal came off my clutch and started eating the inside of my pressure plate and didn't have any pressure then I couldn't shift... So check that out that might be the problem....

Back