Clutch problems, need help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheminusMan

I bought a B18A1 and swapped it into my civic. I noticed there was something strange with the clutch, adjusted the cable, etc. There was no spongeyness or pressure to the clutch, it was like it was solid as I attempted to disengage the clutch. Finaly just pulled the motor back out and took off the tranny, unbolted the the pressure plate and couldnt figure anything out. I made sure the clutch disc was on correctly (not backwards) and started bolting on the pressure plate, as i did this i noticed the fingers on the pressure plate moving in towards the motor. It does this as I bolt on the remaining bolts. There is no room for the throwout to push in the pressure plate when applying the clutch, and i dont know why.... The clutch disc and pressure plate appear to be original. Any help would be great. Thank you.

If a pressure plate goes bad wouldn't it lose tension? this seems like the clutch disc is too big (fat). Or as if I had installed it backwards... but I didn't . I'm done with my swap except for this,..Anyone else with help full hints please post. Thank you.

Back