Clutch problems!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mk4r34

I have a B16A w/a J1 tranny...there's roughly maybe 100,000 miles on this motor w/the factory clutch 50,000 I put on...lately when I'm at a light it has a hard time getting into 1st..and when I downshift to 3rd i almost have to force it in...sometimes it won't even go into 3rd...it shifts fine once it's in motion from 1st-5th but,down shifting or being at a stop it's sometimes has to be forced...so im sure it's time for a new clutch??
emcrook.gif

sounds more slave cylinder related. Make sure your slave is not leaking and the reservoir is full.

Im having similiar issues w/ my Y21 hydro transmission. I replaced the slave cylnder and it didnt fix the problem. Good thing is the slave cly. is only a $10-$15 part and is really easy to switch out. I suggest doing with that many miles on it anyway.

I recently bought a new clutch and will be installing it this weekend. This should do it.

But most def. start with the cheap fixes and if it doesnt work then go with the more expensive route.

Back