clutch question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i use an ACT good to 450hp so its got a pretty stiff feel to it. good nuff to bark my tires shiftin to fourth @95mph with 17's

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

yeah I know a guy who had a turbo si and his clutch was stiffer than a shit. he claimed it was a stage 5 and after trying to drive his car with that clutch I don't doubt him at all. he said it took him a year to get use to the clutch and after a while his clutch pedal broke off.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 12 2004, 10:15 PM
he said it took him a year to get use to the clutch and after a while his clutch pedal broke off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

in my experience too big of a clutch also results in snapping axles on the regular.....i had a clutchmasters stage 4 in my prelude and i went through axles ridiculously....well i guess replacing them with autozone wasn't the best idea...but hey i got a free one everytime.

yeah i could see if you 'pop the clutch' every time you shift it might take its toll on the axles and the like even with a stock motor. i wouldnt think it would be easy to do tho. maybe easier to pop the outer joint by shifting hard while the steering wheel is cranked one way like i did a couple months back :D

just curious typesiracing, where were you snapping the axle at?

to be honest i don't remember at the time i really didn't know much about the car...lol....i've learned a lot since then but i believe it was the outer most joint and the axle alway went on a launch at the track

i have act stage one and thats mad torque already, but then a couple of mis-shifts before the actual break-in ( cause i was too high) and that thing rattles like crazy, i checked it and the spring were all loose. lol now i'm fucked and forced to buy a new disc.

Back