Clutch Replacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

I have a stock 1994 Honda Civic DX with the D15B7 and a 5 SPD MT and I think that my clutch is going but i am not completely sure if it is that or just a problem with my the clutch pedal and all that stuff, because every once in a while my clutch pedal seems like it sort of sticks, shifting still works and everything but it seems harder to push the clutch pedal in, and when you release the pedal it seems like it is slow to release or like it is sticking a bit, does anyone know what the problem is? and if it is the clutch going what all do i need to replace do I need to get a clutch kit or just the disc.

I don't even know off hand, it should be the stock transmission... but I don't know what that is.

edit:
I think its hydro

Last edited:
With the motor off, sit quietly in the car and push the clutch in slowly a few times. Feel for any sticking or grinding. And check the fluid. You might go outside the car and listen right next to the transmission while someone else pushes the clutch. If you feel/hear grinding in there, it time to yank that trans and investigate.

Sounds to me like you have a throw out bearing issue.

Yeah, I thought it was hydro. Now my thought is that it isnt my clutch its just the cylinder or something... um if anyone could give some insight into this it would be greatly appreciated.

If you feel grinding, have someone pump the clutch while you have your hand on the master clyinder, then the slave cylinder. Should be able to feel it if its in one of those.

With the motor off, sit quietly in the car and push the clutch in slowly a few times. Feel for any sticking or grinding. And check the fluid. You might go outside the car and listen right next to the transmission while someone else pushes the clutch. If you feel/hear grinding in there, it time to yank that trans and investigate.

Sounds to me like you have a throw out bearing issue.

ok well I will definitely try that out, I really hope I dont have to spend a whole lot of money on this thing right now because i definitely dont have a whole lot of money and i dont think i want to put a whole lot of money into this car since its kind of a junker...

Also, I don't know if it has anything to do with my problem but a couple of months ago while i was driving I went to shift, pushed the pedal in and it got stuck in so i couldn't shift, so i pulled it into a parking lot and turned off the car, and once i started it back up it was fine again, and it hasnt done it since, but like i said this could have absolutely nothing to do with my problem or it could be part of the same problem.

Back