clutch slave cylinder removal??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
so i'm in the middle of changing my clutch. i went to take my slave cylinder off and i got one bolt out and started to remove the other bolt in it. i'm worried about the piston coming out of the slave cylinder. i didn't disconnect the clutch line going to it. if i take it off and remove it from the tranny, wont the slave cylinder piston go flying out of the slave cylinder? i mean there is a small amount of pressure in the lines right? i don't want to pull the bolt the rest of the way out, which would completely remove the cylinder, causing the piston to not push on the tranny fork and shoot out, and break my slave cylinder lol. idk maybe i'm just paranoid. i'm trying to get this clutch put in within the next 2 days while i have off of work!

no worrries. i'ts all sealed. there's a rubber zig-zag compression fitting with a metal 'nipple' on it. that sits on a rounded hole. you won't lose any fluid.

I301054414ADL.JPG

no, that doesn't move. it just kinda sits in there with the ball in the round hole. just slides into place. real easy.

Back