clutch slave cylinder

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigg86

is there any after market clutch slave cylinders for b-series engines running high HP???? i already upgraded the master cylinder to one that is almost twice the size of the stock one, but since i'm getting a 487 torque capacity pressure plate (ACT part # AI4-XXG6) i believe i need to upgrade my slave cylinder as well to help out my hydraulic system...

P/S: i'm planning to run 450-550whp

I'm not aware of one being available. however with a larger slave cylinder, the pedal will be harder, but travel less distance. the harder pedal from the larger slave cylinder with a pressure plate capable of holding 550whp is going to make a hell of a hard pedal. if you say to yourself "well shit, then why not use a smaller cylinder?" because there's only so much travel in there. if the clutch has a small window of engagement then you might be able to get away with this, however if it's got some slip in it, your smaller cylinder might not move enough fluid to fully disengage the clutch. or worse, to not fully engage it. stick with the stock cylinder and research the available clutch pressure plates. you might be able to get away with using a more aggressive clutch material and a softer pressure plate.

Back