Clutch Squeak...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brettII

KMS-fab
was wondering...when releasing the clutch the car squeaks. is that the pilot or throw-out bearing? i am not sure, but i'm leaning towards the pilot...thanks

brett

before i went honda i had a plymouth laser turbo
and it did the same thing before i got rid of it
gen is right its the throwout bearing

do those come with a new clutch? I'm asking because I have the same problem and I'm about to order my CM clutch/flywheel set

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jun 19 2003, 06:54 PM
do those come with a new clutch? I'm asking because I have the same problem and I'm about to order my CM clutch/flywheel set

no...clutch kits don't come with a new throw-out bearing...if they come with any new bearing it's gonna be the pilot bearing...assuming you get the flywheel also

I just got my Clutchmasters flywheel and FX300 ckutch kit and the kit came with pilot and throwout bearings!

Ok.........this is gonna suck......
I just got my new clutch put in, I don't know much about engines or trannies, but I got a ACT clutch with a street disc. No bearings. I just had it put in my car to replace the stock one that was never replaced......now about a month later this "squeak" that you all are talking about has started inside my car whenever I shift from first to second and somtimes second to third. Can I just get the TOB and get it replaced......or should I just let it go till I replace the clutch, what more damage could this bring, and is this my fault for not letting the mechanics know that I needed the TOB replaced too..........or should they have told unknowing, noob, me.......Thanx for the help

The clutch you just put in should be fine. If it is still that new. Rule of thumb... always replace pilot, and throw out bearings when doing your clutch and/or flywheel!

if the TOB stops spinning freely, won't it tear away at the pp springs?

I've seen it break off the springs before

Back