Clutch Squeaking at idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Got this prob i can`t quite figure what it is exactly.

When my engine is at idle, i hear this sort of squeaking sound but when i just press the clutch pedal a tiny bit, the sound stops.

Ppl told me its either some bearing or the pressure plate ? .. i donno .. help ? Its quite annoying :blink:

sounds like internal trans probs, does urs grind or anything?? have you recently done any trans work that coulda been done wrong?? i had the same symptoms ioin my rex and had to change trannys

Thats what i think too - throw out bearing.
No never done any trans. work ... everything works great .. no probs at all. Just that annoying sound.

Anyone has a diy on changin this bearing?

werd, dropping the trans for a little noise is really up to the driver
lol

its the same as a complete clutch job...
if you do drop the trans i would recommend doing a clutch and pressure plate as well, even a light weight flywheel if you think you'll ever want one down the road...

yep. All of the swaps I did I put a new clutch in...when I put the new trans on this swap I got a new flywheel because I literally only put 2-3 miles on the clutch cause the trans I had on there was...uhmm a piece of shit.

Even if your clutch has 20k miles on it I would still say its worth replacing it. You'll know why if you go and do the TOB.

Well yeah wierd for just a little noise.. heh
But immagine, having spent quite some cash on suspension upgrades .. wheels .. intakes n all the sort of stuff you can immagine... and then when your car is idling you hear this f***in squeakin noise .. its like some squirrel got stuck in the intake :)

I thought about changing flywheel etc .. but those stuff are not on my priority list right now. The clutch works great for me .. plus i don`t have that enormous power that i`d have to change it or anything. Own jdm d15b vtec 130bhp in MY opinion its great ... but thats my personal opinion.
Not worth to swap for a B16 (160-170bhp `correct me if i`m wrong`)for just some 30 bhp increase... a K20 would be another story though .. :) hmmmmmm

((btw.. can you guys send me any links on clutch installs ? .. cant find any here))

get yourself a helms...

or go check out autozone.com
they have a repair section that will give you step by step for changing the clutch...

changing the disk is not mandatory, but if you do all the work to drop the trans its just kinda like why not, ya know?

Yep ... thing is here i cant find any helms manual .. i usually use the honda manual .. but sometimes its a tiny bit too technical.
I mean the only thing i wanna do is drop the trans. inspect bearings n clutch .. change anything that has to be changed and put it back on.
Sounds easy .. but i i know it isnt :(

I found these links:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=596873
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=811691

But i`m tryin to find more like it. Maybe a step by step one with more pics.
I mess around everything in the car and done many repairs myself, but never had to do with the trans.

so use the honda manual...

you just wanna drop the trans, put in a new throw out bearing, and replace the trans....
you don't need to crack the trans to do this, you know that right?

you wanna change your release bearing...
as seen here...

0900823d801571d8.gif

like i said, go to autozone.com and look in their repair section...

thats where the above pic is from and it has step by step along with pictures

Oh you mean i simply don`t need to open the transmission up ? That would save me much hassle, cause all those gears would get me VERY confused heh

Wow that diagram`s really simple to understand.
I`ll check the honda manual and see if i can understand that one.
Like i said i can`t find the helms one here ... (outside US)

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Mar 29 2005, 02:41 PM
Oh you mean i simply don`t need to open the transmission up ? That would save me much hassle, cause all those gears would get me VERY confused heh

Wow that diagram`s really simple to understand.
I`ll check the honda manual and see if i can understand that one.
Like i said i can`t find the helms one here ... (outside US)
[post=480291]Quoted post[/post]​

Make sure to torque bolts to spec - !!! resurface fly wheel to- to every thing at once to elimate future hassel B)

hello?
can you read???

go to autozone.com

they have a FREE REPAIR SECTION...
you can read it, print it, view pictures, view torque specs, everything, FOR FREE...

and helms.com or some shit, google for them, they will ship it to you...

i doubt he needs his flywheel resurfaced... he said the clutch works fine now except for the noise...

Opps .. guess my mind`s not there right now!

OK .. i`ll check em out .. shoudln`t have probs (i hope) ... thanks again guys. :worthy:
And as far as i know, flywheel is doin fine till now .. i`ll check it out while i`m there.

Back