Clutch throw-out Bearing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nightwars

Alright, so las time my car ran, was 3 days ago, when I decided to change my transmission because the last owner managed to destroy most, if not all, syncros.

The car is a 93 Civic with a 96 B18B with an hydrolic clutch.

So after finally putting it all back together, Giving it a run around the block, I come back to my place, stop the car, start it again... now it won't shift gears when the car is running.

Bleeded my clutch system, had a buddy pull on the clutch arm to see if it was working propely, then we managed to hear the throw out bearing scream then it jammed. So I figure that when putting the transmission back in, we, hit the freaking bearing, and it moved, out of his socket.

Is there a way to TRY to replace it, by using a small prybar thru the fork hole on the front of the tranny, or should I forget that idea...and remove the whole damn thing again losing time and money?

Thank you for your input, I'll go back to try to find a rope somewhere.

Did you replace it when you had it off in the first place? If you didn't that was your first big no no right there, if its jamming up then you going to have to pull the trans out, make sure the bearing is the only thing damaged now, and hope that it didn't tear any of fingers on your pressure plate up now.

Yeah I replaced it when I had the tranny out, thing is, I did it in my backyard, and while trying to put the tranny back in, I believe we must've hit the bearing or whatever. I'll check my pressure plate. lets hope I didnt screw up anything else.

Back