Clutch/Transmission Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Ok, so I drove home from work today with no problems. Havent had any problems in the past. As soon as I get in my driveway, I push the clutch in and take the car outa gear as Im rollin to a stop. The car stops and I notice a change in feel in the clutch pedal. I release it and press it again (there is a noticable difference in feel) and try to put the car in gear, but it wont go. Let the car sit for a while as I put my work things in the house, come back and try again, still nothing. Check the clutch cable, and its not broke or uncliped. I tried adjusting it a little, no difference. So now I take the adjuster to its limit in each direction, no luck at either end. Put it back somewhat centered (like it was), and now the clutch works like nothin ever happend.

So WTF happened, what caused it, and how do I fix it? Keep in mind the clutch cable and arm functioned this whole time, but it wouldnt let the car go into gear.

Its internal transmission. Today sittin at a stop light with the car in gear and the clutch in, the car kicked outa first and started grindin like it wasnt all the way in gear. But it stoped makin noise at like 10 mph. After that, at like 2 more stops, it wouldnt kick the car outa gear but it would make the noise under about 10 mph. Then, all the noise and problems stopped. Im thinkin its on borrowed time now lol.

Back