Clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

The clutch is going out on my prelude which means I get to upgrade. Thinking about a stage 1 but not sure which one or brand i should buy. My car is a '94 prelude with an h23 soon to be VTEC. Other than my intake the engine is stock. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which kind i should get. Not looking to spend more than about 350. Thanx

ACT DOES NOT HAVE STAGES!!!!!!!!!

i see people saying this everywhere
why do people keep writing this shit ???????

go to their website http://www.advancedclutch.com/

there are absolutly no kits with any "stages" listed
the kits they do have (for a 3rd gen integra) are:
AI4-HDSS
AI4-HDR4
AI4-HDR6
AI4-XTSS
AI4-XTR4
AI4-XTR6
AI4-XXR4
AI4-XXR6

maybe its just me and maybe im the dumbass here ..... but i dont see anything that says "stage #"

anyone ever tried clutch masters or know if they are any good. Found a Stage 1 system for about 320 shipped.

Look into an Exedy. They are the dominant clutch maker for Japanese cars both aftermarket and for the OEM style clutches. They generally have a good product from what i hear, and I've always liked the way they drive.

if you're gonna replace the clutch, why don't you replace the flywheel too. i mean, you're gonna have it taken apart already. just kill 2 birds with one stone.

found the exedy sport clutch for like 260 good deal? Also new flywheel not a bad idea if i can fet one cheap. Any ideas.

Also just want to make sure it is the clutch before i buy a new one. Going to take the tranny off tomorrow to check it. Sometimes when i'm driving down the road my car wont go into any gear and i end up hitten the clutch a few times and trying a few gears before it kicks in. Also, from a dead stop, which is about the only way it will go into first, it shakes a little like the clutch is messed up. Anyway replaced the clutch slave cylinder and bled the line the other day and it didn't help. Pretty sure the master cylinder is working ok(no leaks or anything). Just wondering what u guys think and if teh clutch is worn out what ho look for tomorrow when i take off the tranny to know its worn out if it is the clutch.

well shit, that doesn't sound good. Any idea what i should look for to know if teh tranny is bad. Took the day off work and about to go outside and drop the tranny and start looking around. Just like to know what i'm looking for.

Originally posted by KyleCrews@May 21 2003, 06:19 AM
found the exedy sport clutch for like 260 good deal? Also new flywheel not a bad idea if i can fet one cheap. Any ideas.

If that is shipped,it's OK.Mine was $225 shipped,step right above OEM,but it feels SO much better.There is actually pressure in the pedal,and it feels good when it gets a grip.

Back