clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmracer

yo i got a 95 integra gsr. i got a short ram intake, headers, and short shift. some other minor mods too. my clutch feels like i only got a few 1000 miles left, so im lookin into buyin a better clutch and lightened flywheel with hasport motor mount kit. im hopin ill be able to transfer my power better but is this even worth the money with the mods i have. if it is what are some good companies to look at. at the local shop they got centerforce and act. the recomended centerforce but act is cheaper and comes as the entire kit (clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel). if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it.

ACT is a million times better for imports. A good combination a bunch of my friends are running is an act 6puck with extreme pressure plate and a fidanza flywheel. Now depending on how much power you plan on putting down depends on which clucth you want. I would look toward your long term goals to decide that. You dont want to keep having to shell out money if its not necessary

I have an ACT clutch setup and prolite flywheel

and i give it the big two thumbs up :thumbsup:

check the prices on groupbuycenter.com. Goto this link. This guys prices are good. Its like 400 shipped for a clucth with all the stuff you need for it. ACT clutch This is where im going to get my next clutch from.

If you don't do any hardcore racing, or drag just get a stock one from autozone. THey offer lifetime warranty on their shit :ph34r:
Unless act offers that too then I'll just shutup.

thanx for the help everyone. one more question tho if my shit is basically stock is it possible to get too good of a clutch? i mean i wanna get the best thing for the plans i have but if that will hinder py performance now i dont?

jdmracer,

:yes: it is possible to have a clutch that exceeds your performance. The higher the stage the less miles it usually lasts, stiffer, more expensive and less streetable.

If you have a stock car and put a 4 puck racing clutch in, not only are you wasting money but it's going to be a bitch of a daily driver.

get the cheapest stock shit possible, its going to do the same thing as amy other stock clutch. When it finally is modified, then get a nice clutch.

If he is bringing it somewhere to get done and doesn't know how to replace a clutch then get a decent streetable clutch within a reasonable hp rating (depends what he's doing a stocker might be fine) right off the bat, its stupid to pay an extra 300 for the labor.

Back