clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys, yesterday I was on the highway cursing in 5th at around 65ish and a guy was riding my ass, so I decided to drop it into 3rd just so I would pick up speed quick so I can change lanes and get the other guy off my ass, and push in the clutch shift into 3rd and let off of it and then boom, nothing. it's like my car was stuck in neutral, and it didn't matter what gear it was in. 1-5 and even reverse.

so I pulled over to the side of the road and off an exit after pushing my car backwards on the highway (scary as shit) and had it toed back to my house. I messed with the clutch adjustment seeing that my linkage was still intact (you could hear it shifting into the gear just not connecting to the engine) and I didn't hear any grinding or any noise when it happened so I thought it was my clutch. I let all the threads out seeing that it's a cable tranny seeing what would happen. The clutch was really spongy but the car was able to move. I took it for a quick test drive down my street and it could move but it was slipping like it was it's job, I couldn't get it above 10mph.

See I'm wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else out there. Because my clutch wasn't slipping at all before this happened, it's almost like my clutch blew up or something.

thanks for reading all this, please let me know if this has happened to anyone

p.s.
I bought a new exedy oem clutch

thats what I though, but I took the tranny out and there was...the easiest way to describe it is it looked like hair was every where, my clutch plate seemed like ti exploded

Back