clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PowerAddict

How hard is a clutch in a 98 accord? I belive its a vtec, but how hard is the 6cyl?

how can I bleed the clutch on this vehicle?

Would the clutch releasing at the top be anything other than a worn clutch? Or could air in the system cause this too.

I think clutch was replaced like 40k miles ago. fluid shows full.

You bleed the clutch through the slave cly. Bleed the clutch the same way as you would bleed the brakes. If you bleed the clutch and the pedal comes back to normal, then there is a sign of faulty master cly or slave cly. Hard to tell which one it is. I always replaced both at the same time, or take a 50/50 shot at it.

Air and a worn clutch disk will release at high pedal position. Usually when the clutch disk is going, it starts to slip.

There is an adjustment behind the clutch pedal with a 12mm bolt. You can adjust the engagement of the clutch. I have seen some cases, where over a
period of time the nut works loose and the point of engagement of the pedal changes.

well, I bled the clutch and the pedal is still really high. However, I don't feel it slipping, nor do I smell it slipping????

still worn clutch disc?

I found out that it probably is the clutch disc. He said when he was hauling a little rock it was slipping.

how heavy is the transmission? Doesn't look that heavy.

The reason I'm asking is because I do not want to drop the cradle, and I think I could probably just lay underneath and lift the tranny out myself. It'd be easier.

hmmm. Never did them like that.... But if it works let me know. Tranny weights about 100lb to me ... dont know the exact weight. But I can lift it up on my shoulder and bolt it up. With the car on the lift. I am pretty strong guy so it probably weights more.

Well, I just moved it over enough to get the clutch out and rested it on the subframe. Man I dont' like working on Hondas!

Back