Clutchmasters Stage 2 Kevlar clutch, ACT Prolite Flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

Man...I gotta say it was worth every penny spent. The clutch has really good grip, so much more so than my tired old OEM clutch that was in there before. Only thing is, since it's got a kevlar pressure plate, there's a warning that says I can't do high rpm shifts until after the 500 mile break-in period, or I might fuck up the seating of the pressure plate to the flywheel. So for now I have to go gentle on it.

Speaking of the flywheel, don't ever let anyone dissuade you from shelling out the $200 for an ACT Prolite 8.8lb flywheel. It's worth every penny and more. Jesus, it's like it revs so much more freely now, and shifts are slightly quicker, in terms of dropping into the next gear. The clutch action feels so damn good. It's making it very difficult not to rev the hell out of the engine, but I definitely don't want to fuck up the pressure plate, so I'm gonna try to get these 500 miles behind me as soon as possible. :)

Bottom line: Clutchmasters makes a very nice clutch for the money (Ebay) and the ACT Prolite flywheel is fricking awesome.

:thumbsup:

I am running an AASCO lightweight flywheel (8lb, I think), and it definitely is worth every penny. It doesn't rev quite like the R6, but it's definitely a lot quicker than it was with the pig stock flywheel. No upgraded clutch yet, but it's a Sachs oem clutch, and seems to have a bit heavier pressure plate than the one I had in the car previously, at least from the pedal feel.

Hmm :thumbsup: on your setup...

I have a brand new Clutchmaster's lightened flywheel at my house, waiting for me when i get there to put in... I'm now thinking of going with the kevlar clutch you've mentioned... any dislikes?

None, in fact the more I drive it, the more I like it. Now...remember that I can't rev it up to 7k where I normally like to shift right now because of the break in period. I'm basically trying to keep my rpms below 4k when I go to shift. So bearing that in mind, I have absolutely no complaints. I think the model number on the clutch is ST200. I know its something 200, and the ST stands for street probably. It was $390 plus like $20 shipping. To get the OEM clutch direct from Honda was like $300 or something at Majestic Honda, so I don't feel the least bit of regret about the extra $100 for a better clutch.

Incidentally, I had considered getting an ACT organic clutch, but decided to get the Clutchmasters instead.

What's the weight of a Fidanza flywheel ?

Back