cmpression test results

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skydive2144

I did a compression test in my gsr motor today and it was exactly 160psi for every cylinder. that seems really low but i did not take the fuse out or hold the gas pedal down. i know it shoudl be much higher, but the engine runs perfectly and still has all of its power. is it worth redoing with the gas down? or should i be happy that they are all exactly the same

warm the car up to normal operating conditions
shut it off, pull fuse or dizzy wire harness, put gas pedal to the floor, and turn it over for 5-7 strokes. You should look up the factory rating for the cyliunders in a haynes manual or something.
You should see full compression by 5 strokes with the first 3-4 going up the quickest.

Yea, do it right. I would be uneasy even if they came out the same. 160 is lower than my stock B18B(113K) put out (180, 175, 180, 165 as of the last time I did it).

Better safe then stranded on the side of the road.

yep i did mine when i first got my car 180 psi for 1,2,4 and 150 for 3. lol bad rings. did a rebuild and i'm at 175 across the board.

Back