Cnat figure it out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright I have a 91 Hatch with a D15B2 with MPFI and the stock tranny from the D15 my Question why is it that everytime I step on my clutch my check engine light comes on and then when I let out on the clutch the light goes out. My clutch is still good. the sensor on top of the pedal linkage is plugged in. My ecu isnt flashing any codes. Just cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks

TRU

check your sensor's connections. seems to me that when you hit the clutch, the engine moves and makes some loose connection. I have no idea what could be, if it does it when the car is off or not moving.

Well I got the light to shut off. All I did was unplug the sensor on the clutch pedal. Hey I guess it will work for now.

TRU

if you did the dpfi to mpfi conversion then that means you changed the wires at the ecu if i am correct? if so is it possibly that you got a wire mixed up? that switch at the top of the pedal is to tell the engine to start if the clutch is pushed in. so maybe you got the wire mixed up at the ecu.

if you did the dpfi to mpfi conversion then that means you changed the wires at the ecu if i am correct? if so is it possibly that you got a wire mixed up? that switch at the top of the pedal is to tell the engine to start if the clutch is pushed in. so maybe you got the wire mixed up at the ecu.

Yes the switch on the pedal is the clutch safety switch. I have not a clue why the CEL would come on when you push the clutch in. Plug it back in and see if the car will start/turn over without the clutch pushed in, if so you need to check conectons at the ECU.

I did the dpfi to mpfi conversion. But I used a completly different body harness along with the ECU. and all of the wires to the ecu are hooked up I never de pinned any of them . I got the body harness mani distributor and the ecu all out of a car that had MPFI and yes it was a manual I think that the damn sensor is bad. Im going to try a new sensor and see what happens. Thanks for the help I will let yall know

TRU

Back