Co2 Intercooler Sprayers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec hatch93

are these things good or another bullshit product. they go for like 200 on ebay

They work but you have to keep filling up the bottle over and over and it adds up if you use it often

This is kinda like a cheap alternative to the process that Payntechnoiges developed of spaying the intercooler with nitrous to act as a refergigerant. The problem of co2, it does not burn. When you spray it, some is going to go into your engine so the whole process is counter productive. With using nitrous, if it goes into your intake/turbo, your not going to be limiting burn.

The co2 would burn off from the heat, before it ever it ever got to the motor. If you spray on a cold motor, you're stupid anyways.

Burn from where? It does not burn, it is basicly just like a fire extenguisher (sp) the moving air is going to cool it down and the pressure causes the c02 to cool down alot (don't know the thermodynamics of why, I am sure calesta will post why)

I think that some co2 will go in the air stream and end up in your engine.

*edit, not 100% sure on how the product is designed but if it is just like a nozel pointing right at the center of the intercooler, it will cool them down but with sideeffects to internal engine burn.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 12 2003, 11:17 PM
Burn from where? It does not burn, it is basicly just like a fire extenguisher (sp) the moving air is going to cool it down and the pressure causes the c02 to cool down alot (don't know the thermodynamics of why, I am sure calesta will post why)

I think that some co2 will go in the air stream and end up in your engine.

*edit, not 100% sure on how the product is designed but if it is just like a nozel pointing right at the center of the intercooler, it will cool them down but with sideeffects to internal engine burn.

you said it goes into the motor.. it disapates, whatever.. when it hits the heat. they wouldn't sell a kit that shoots shit into your motor.

Yea I understand that but you would need a vented style hood otherwise your going to have a build up of CO2 under the hood.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 12 2003, 11:24 PM
Yea I understand that but you would need a vented style hood otherwise your going to have a build up of CO2 under the hood.

There is plenty of room for it to leave the car. When you drive fast, the air going through the bumper will suck it under the car.

Originally posted by lsvtec hatch93@Jun 12 2003, 11:23 PM
who refilles them?

paintball shops and those places where welder's get their tanks filled can fill up co2 tanks.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jun 13 2003, 12:26 AM-->
asmallsol
@Jun 12 2003, 11:24 PM

There is plenty of room for it to leave the car. When you drive fast, the air going through the bumper will suck it under the car.

regardless you are still going to have a raised concentration of CO2 during and imediatly after you spray it on the intercooler... so depending on where your air intake is located there is a good chance you are going to suck up air that has a MUCH higher ammount of CO2 in it... CO2 doesnt burn... so this will fuck up your performance.....

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 13 2003, 04:36 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 13 2003, 12:26 AM
asmallsol
@Jun 12 2003, 11:24 PM

regardless you are still going to have a raised concentration of CO2 during and imediatly after you spray it on the intercooler... so depending on where your air intake is located there is a good chance you are going to suck up air that has a MUCH higher ammount of CO2 in it... CO2 doesnt burn... so this will fuck up your performance.....

if co2 doesnt burn then im guessing it will act as a retardant, which would slow down combustion. because of this can it help prevent detonation?

I've been looking into this whole C02 thing, and I don't know of any problems that system would cause. From what I understand the whole thing just gets sprayed onto the fins in the intercooler. No where does it enter into the intake pipe and there is no way it would enter the engine. These systems are completely safe, however the C02 is safer because nitrous is so cold that if you sprayed too much on there it would end up freezing the intercooler and if something as small as a pebble were to hit it, it would cause the intercooler to crack. Or at least that is what I've been told. If anybody on hondaswap has used one of these systems it would be nice to hear what they have to say about them.

Originally posted by lsinegra96@Jun 14 2003, 11:11 AM
I've been looking into this whole C02 thing, and I don't know of any problems that system would cause. From what I understand the whole thing just gets sprayed onto the fins in the intercooler. No where does it enter into the intake pipe and there is no way it would enter the engine. These systems are completely safe, however the C02 is safer because nitrous is so cold that if you sprayed too much on there it would end up freezing the intercooler and if something as small as a pebble were to hit it, it would cause the intercooler to crack. Or at least that is what I've been told. If anybody on hondaswap has used one of these systems it would be nice to hear what they have to say about them.

its possible for co2 to enter the engine if theres a short intake pipe

Yeah that's true I guess you would just have to make sure your intake tube is not directly behind the sprayers. But it's still got to go through the intercooler, then the a/c condenser (if it's not been removed), and the radiator. Maybe the best thing to go with would be a mister that just uses water, like they have on the Subaru STI, but I guess there's still a chance of too much water getting in the motor. What's your opinion on misting the intercooler with water.

Hook up your wiper sprayer lines to your intercooler. This is my plan! Play with positions and fitments to get a good spray on the intercooler.

Don't use the squirters. You might need to purchase some more hose, but here is my plan...
Place one line in front(on top) of intercooler and one in back(on top) of intercooler. Make sure you have enough hose to run the length of the intercooler. Place some kind of plug on each end of the hoses. Poke small holes down the length of the intercooler on each hose (front and back hoses). Make sure that when they spray, that it sprays a good mist across both sides of the intercooler! That is the best way for me to explain how I am going to do my setup! I hope you understand that concept!

werd, so its kinda like one of those hoses that are a sprinkler kinda thing :)

Yup Yup! That is actually where I got the idea from yo! hehe I don't see any better way of doing it yo! Unless you could find a way to get the water extremely cold while doing my method. I am still working on that. Only way I see that happening is to put ice cubes in the wiper resivoir. B)

Back