co2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ctfinest

hey every1 i have a 92 hatch with a gsr which i just bought and i realized that theres no co2 sensor. i assume when the previous owner did the exhaust, there was no bung or hole for it so the wire is just hanging there. my question is, is this bad for performance or should i install a new one and were should i put it in the cat or before it. the cat looks like a test pipe section or its a high flow one not sure sorry for the long thread .

you mean o2 sensor?

and yes, if you have a stock computer, it is bad for performance. you can either burn a new map that kills the need for a o2 sensor or you can take the exhaust off, have a muffler shop weld in a bung, and install a new o2 sensor. the choice is yours.

other question will be how do i know if its chipped or if theres a new map burned see the reason i ask is because i dont know whats done to the car, the other thing is that vtec kicks on at 3900rpm so i asume somethings done to ecu

alrighty, if your ecu is chipped, it usually has a zif socket. they are usually blue and usually have a little arm that swings back that will allow you to put a new chip in. they arent always like that, but most are that way.

ecu1.jpg

ecu2.jpg

ecu3.jpg

Back