Cobalt pads with spoon calipers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM FACTOR

Hey guys, just got the GT sports in the car, it was really hard to get them between the rotor and the caliper though. The rotors were just re-surfaced due to crappy AEM pads glazing the crap out of them. Well anyways.. I was taking the car out tonight to break the pads in but, when i was going down the road, I noticed the brakes were dragging really bad. I wasnt going fast, only like 15mph or so.. I'm just wondering what i should do.. should i take them out... sand them down until they fit without a problem between the rotor and the caliper.. or should i just leave them and wait until the pads wear down a little. Im just worried about glazing the rotors again. If you guys could drop a line i'd apreciate it.

I'd pull them and shave them some. Rubbage is bad when you're not on the brakes, and if you notice it, then it's definitely bad enough to heat up and warp or haze the brakes right off the bat.

Whenever I have had this problem, it has been because I did not collapse the caliper piston far enough. I ALWAYS collapse it fully and bleed the brakes now.

Back