COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'll be buying it.. i know i said i'll wait.. but i've been playing the shit out of MW2 and could use a change.. i've even recently popped Halo back in the console and owned fools on there.. lol.. so much different, but after playing COD so much i've gotten much better at Halo

The one thing I hope for Black Ops is that there aren't quite as many killstreak rewards. I think that's why so many people camp in MW2, because they'd rather sit back and let a Pavelow do their work for them. If there aren't as many super powerful killstreak rewards available, then there's not as much incentive to camp, and hopefully we'd see more movement in games.

More killstreaks then CoD4, but less then MW2 would be nice...

Bringing this thread back from the dead boys!

Multiplayer trailer released today for Black Ops. Have a look:

YouTube - ‪Call of Duty Black Ops Multiplayer Teaser Trailer [HD]‬‎

I think it looks pretty badass! They definitely took some cues from MW2. I saw a care package, and the "First Blood", and "Payback" type XP bonuses popping up just like in MW2. The little remote control bomb and the cross bow with exploding rounds look sweet too!

Also, at the end there, maybe a hint of an editor? Or at least the ability to record and manipulate gameplay videos?
sweet

Just read a few things on Black Ops. Apparently, the amount of character customization will be insane compared to previous CoD games. Callsigns and Emblems will be back, but you'll also be able to customize your character's appearence as well.

AND (and this is a big one for me), kills obtained via killstreak rewards will NOT count towards your next killstreak, and there will be no massive game-ending killstreak like the nuke. So hopefully, we won't have any camp (or OMA/DC tube) to harrier, harrier to chopper gunner, chopper gunner to nuke type BS here.

And it sounds like the killstreaks are exactly what I was hoping they'd be like, customizable, and more available then CoD4, but less the MW2.

Overall, I'm really excited for Black Ops!

Sounds pretty well fleshed out. It really helps that they are utilizing the IW engine too. The physics and such will be a lot more dialed in.

Anyone wanna buy it for me? lol It does sound like it'll be a lot better.

start savin your change.. out in a few months

I generally don't have any change to spare right now. :( I can deal with playing MW2 for a little while longer and maybe getting a used copy later on.

Kotuku figures it will be 150 for the Prestige edition. I will try and dig the article up. And the RC car does have fully functioning A/V up to 200 feet.

Check this out:

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Wager Match Trailer

Apparently they're going to have "CoD points" which are in-game currency that you can use to unlock stuff. And, you can wager CoD points with other players before the match. Looks like a shit-ton of sweet new game modes too.

I'm getting really psyched for Black Ops. I think it has the potential to be better then MW2...

I still need to play MW2. I'm only like lvl 17 lol

Back