CODE 15 HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceburner

im throwin code 15 and im not sure what it really means by
Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-95 88-95 n/a 88-91 93-95 95 88-95
Ignition Output Signal
missing or defective ignition output signal
im thinkin its the dist. but i wanna be sure first..also my car misses and backfires REALLY bad at half throttle bt when i go full thorttle itll run fine..i need help with this bad..or im gonna fuckin burn this thing...already spent 100 dollars on this dist. replacin stuff..

one more question..how come im havin to buy parts for my dist that come off civics and not integras?? they arent vtec wouldnt dat mean i have the wrong dist.?? or does it matter..?

i know but arent u supposed to have a b series distributor?? not a d series..im just confused..but thanks for the pics..ill go home and check on that stuff..

code 15 pretty much translates into bad distributor so replace it and check for bare wires on the engine harness and ECU. and SEARCH I have posted my findings on code 15 before, I had the same problem

i forgot to add that when i put my new cap on the car ran fine then led back to my prob. then i installed a rotor problem quit but came back i then installed a coil quit for 2dayz and started right back but got even worse..2 of these only took acouple of hours to come back..so im guessin the dist. is tryin to eat my shit up and tellin me its fucked..

there is a sensor which you cannot replace it senses teh TDC adn CPS and CKP... or somethign along those lines, it is bad.... get another distributor

Im not sure if its the same with civics but find the fuel filter adn hook a fuel pressure gauge to it compare your readings with the ones in your service manual...

whats the distributor out of? if its out of an integra get one for that.... you get parts for the engine not the car after you do a motor swap... with exceptions.

you need the b16 dist the ignitors should be the same in the obd 0 to 0bd1.

But in all honesty just get a new cap and try it first

your alittle behind man..i've already replaced EVERYTHING on the distributor..cap, rotor, coil, and 2morrow an igniter..if this doesnt fix it ill have a rebuilt distributor and somewhere else to look for my prob. but im hopin this works.. autozone has them for 61 dollars..i was surprised..advanced had them fer 177 Wells is the brand name..some kind of module i guess...has abunch of plugs comin out of it..if im wrong someone correct me please..

Back