code 16 after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B33BZ

So I am still struggling trying to resolved my Code 16 on my swap. Threw in the D15B7 into my 88 sedan DX. Used boomslang harness(Honda/Acura OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion Harnesses the DPFI one) getting code 16, confirmed all wiring, made sure ecu doesn't have anything blown. NO change.

I find a guy on craigslist touting 12 years experience doing swaps says he can fix it. Comes and looks at it is confused theres no resistor box. Tells me it needs a resistor box, he didnt bring one brought everything else though and that he can come back with one and get it going for $50. I already paid him $40 to come look at it. The Boomslang instructions even adv to remove the resistor box if its there.

Now, if I am using OBD1 injectors and that harness, why would I need a resistor box?
I am half tempted to find one or let this guy do it but everthing i've read on here and multiple boards clearly says no resistor box needed if using OBD1 injectors

I need input guys! I am so stumped I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Back