Code 16 Problem...!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baserloks

Im having a code 16 problem with my 91 civic lx (d15b2) dpfi motor...Its been a ongoing issue and im stumped...When i start my car it starts to spudder and rattle on idle or when i give it gas after turning it on sometimes...I then turn it off and turn it on and it just cranks and doesn't turn on and throws a code 16...I then reset the main relay and pm5 ecu and then it goes away or sometimes just cranks and doesn't turn on...I also notice sometimes when im driving in 2nd or 3rd it starts to hold back like when it runs out of gas and then resumes driving fine...I tested other main relays,ecu and changed the fuel filter and ran fuel injector cleaner when i fill up with gas...Im getting spark in all cylinders and the fuel pump turns on fine and when i drive on the freeway the car drives normal...!!!

you could try removing the fuel rail with infectors still attached to it and unplug the spark plug wires and c how much fuel u push out the injectors if u get good burst of gas mist then they should b fine but if u dont then that might just b youre problem its worth the try so u know u get plenty off gas coming out

you could try removing the fuel rail with infectors still attached to it and unplug the spark plug wires and c how much fuel u push out the injectors if u get good burst of gas mist then they should b fine but if u dont then that might just b youre problem its worth the try so u know u get plenty off gas coming out
D15B2 doesn't have a fuel rail - the injectors are in the throttle body

91-11-95.jpg

91-11-96.jpg

91-11-97.jpg

91-11-98.jpg

oh never mind i was looking at a si diagram thanks for clearing that up jlicrx

main relay look on ebay theres some good info out there about re soldering it, and or burnt inj. driver in the ecu...

Back