1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

code 19 and 21

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by bistec, Jan 26, 2007.

1. bistec

bistec Project EH23

I just swaped in a d15b in my sol . Running a P28 . My ecu is throwing a code 19 ( LOOK UP CONTROL SOLENOID) and a code 22 (variable valve timing and control pressure switch) . For the 22 ,i think i know what is going on. My plug is broken and i tried to fixe it with electrical tape. Looks like they is no connection between the wires.

1- I wanted to know if i can just eliminate the plug and attache the wire together and use electrical tape .
    2- For the 22 , i wanted to know if that is a big deal. What this solenoid stands for ? Can i drive the car like that until i fixe it. Am i taking risk of breaking something?

The fact is that i didn't drive the car since the swap and due to that CEL. Can i do it safely?

3- I've splited my brake booster vaccum line to use the purge solenoid. Is that a problem?

Thank you.

2. bistec

bistec Project EH23

So what should i splite?

3. bistec

bistec Project EH23

It's running

I will.

It's running , it's running! :driver: :happydance: All the cel are gone and i took it for a ride. It's was awesome. Thanks to everybody.

One last question: is it ok that first my engine runs cooler than my old z6? Second Is it normal that at iddle it's hoter than when driving ( sorry if it's stupid)?

Thanks again to everybody.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

if its running a diffrent temp chang your thermostat

5. bistec

bistec Project EH23

Does it make a difference if you have more coolant/antifreeze than normal. I mean like only 10-20 % of water instead of 30-50%. Because that's is what i might have. Can that be the reason why it's running colder. If not i'll change my thermostat and see. Just wanted to let you about my coolant/water ratio in case that can be a reason. Thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted