code 19 and 21

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bistec

Project EH23
I just swaped in a d15b in my sol . Running a P28 . My ecu is throwing a code 19 ( LOOK UP CONTROL SOLENOID) and a code 22 (variable valve timing and control pressure switch) . For the 22 ,i think i know what is going on. My plug is broken and i tried to fixe it with electrical tape. Looks like they is no connection between the wires.

1- I wanted to know if i can just eliminate the plug and attache the wire together and use electrical tape .
2- For the 22 , i wanted to know if that is a big deal. What this solenoid stands for ? Can i drive the car like that until i fixe it. Am i taking risk of breaking something?

The fact is that i didn't drive the car since the swap and due to that CEL. Can i do it safely?

3- I've splited my brake booster vaccum line to use the purge solenoid. Is that a problem?

Thank you.

It's running

One of the vacuum lines.
I will.

It's running , it's running! :driver: :happydance: All the cel are gone and i took it for a ride. It's was awesome. Thanks to everybody.

One last question: is it ok that first my engine runs cooler than my old z6? Second Is it normal that at iddle it's hoter than when driving ( sorry if it's stupid)?

Thanks again to everybody.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Does it make a difference if you have more coolant/antifreeze than normal. I mean like only 10-20 % of water instead of 30-50%. Because that's is what i might have. Can that be the reason why it's running colder. If not i'll change my thermostat and see. Just wanted to let you about my coolant/water ratio in case that can be a reason. Thanks.

Back