Code 20 Electronic Load Detector.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Grifter

well... im hitting that frustration point.

Car was running fine before the skunk 2 intake.

Put on the intake and car starts to throw codes.

I have fixed a few codes but here is what I have now.

Code 20 (electronic Load Detector)

Vtec doesn't work but I assume this is because the car is throwing codes. My Idle is also all over the map. It ranges from around 1000 to about 2000.

I have checked for leaks 10 times now and can find nothing.

any suggestions on tracking down a code 20. (hint it throws this code before the car is started... so If I clear the codes.. turn the ignition to on... then the code starts.

That will depend on what year and model your car is. Post year make and model and ill look it up in my honda books. It should be very simple to fix, i doubt it has anything to do with the Skunk 2 manifold.

Body (96 honda civic CX hatch)

Engine 1994 B18C1
FrogPad wiring harness converter and a Civic (modified) wiring harness.

I have also tried this on 2 P72 ECUs... same result on both.
I just bought a new car battery... Didnt help. but I needed one anyway.

Edit .. (Acura Integra GSR)

Go check fuse number 15 in the under-dash fuse box and then get back to me. Is it blown?

And then check the part of the harness that passes under the intake manifold and look for a sign of rubbbing wires/exposed wires, and if you notice damaged wires repair them and it should take care of the problem. If not, you will need to replace the fuse box next to the battery which houses the E.L.D. Unit. Get back to me with any results.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Apr 30 2005, 05:29 PM
And then check the part of the harness that passes under the intake manifold and look for a sign of rubbbing wires/exposed wires, and if you notice damaged wires repair them and it should take care of the problem. If not, you will need to replace the fuse box next to the battery which houses the E.L.D. Unit.  Get back to me with any results.
[post=493442]Quoted post[/post]​

well every fuse is good.. including all of the fuses under the hood.
Wiring harness looks ok.

Do you know if any fusebox will work. Do only Honda Civic fuse panels drop into place.

check the vin...if the car was made in Canada they do not have an ELD.

My EG throws the same code

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 30 2005, 06:02 PM
check the vin...if the car was made in Canada they do not have an ELD.

My EG throws the same code
[post=493450]Quoted post[/post]​

I live in canada... car was made in canada.....

does the ELD code stop your Vtec from working?

Well I flashed a new chip with uberdata and unchecked the ELD box. Still throws the code... whats the point of the ELD box if it doesnt stop the code from being thrown....

I don't have vtec and it doesn't put my car into limp mode.

You have a USDM ecu. You can get a USDM Fuse BOx and the code will go away, as I'm told by HT memebers.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 30 2005, 07:47 PM
I don't have vtec and it doesn't put my car into limp mode.

You have a USDM ecu. You can get a USDM Fuse BOx and the code will go away, as I'm told by HT memebers.
[post=493468]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a JDM ECU and a USDM ECU.

Both throw the same code.

I am assuming that the USDM and JDM ELD are the same.
Does anyone know if I can just replace the ELD with a jumper or a resistor?

Back