Code 20 on Canadian Civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Grifter

I started with a canadian Honda Civic CX and swaped in a B18C1, But I always throw code 20.

I have heard that canadian civics have no Electronic Load Detector in the fusebox. now I know its true,
Picture of my fusebox.

Now I bought a new fusebox on Ebay with an ELD.
Picture of new fusebox

Now I dont have the connector or the wiring pinout for the ELD sensor. Does anyone know which wires on the connector go to which pins on the ELD sensor. My wiring harness doesnt even have the connector.

I live in canada, where can I get this connector.... Does anyone have an old honda harness they can cut one off of?..... I will pay for the part.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Been searching this for a while now heres what I know.

There are 3 wires that come into the ELD

BLK/YEL(12 volt +)
BLK(battery ground-) terminals
GRN/RED(Output 5 Volt)

Seems the output should go to pin 16 on connector D on the ECU and the other wires will directly connect ground and to fuse 14 under the dash.

All that I need now is a connector or for someone to look at there connector and get me the order so that I can solder my wires directly to the sensor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 12 2005, 09:00 AM
you need what is called a "re-pinning tool". radio shack will probably have it...
[post=498291]Quoted post[/post]​

I need the pinout first.

Which pin on the ELD is positive, ground and signal.

it goes button to unlock connector from fuse box( black, green/red, black/yellow)

the green/red goes to the ecu I don't know were the other wires go so if you do please post. I have the same problem with my B18c1 to 91hatch. hope this helps

M

Plug Side
__|-----|__
| A B C |
-------------

A ) Ignition 12 volt
B ) Ground
C ) Pin 16 on Connector D of ECU.

This is what I got from someone on the newsgroups.

I will try this one tonight.

( I just posted this because it may help others)

Well that didnt work.

when I use the multimeter it shows no voltage on pin C and ground.

Then I tried other combinations. If this thing wasn't blown before I bet its blown now.

I also made a circuit that does the same thing. It does measure 4.8 Volts output, I hooked that up to pin 16 on connector D and I still get the check engine light.

its day like this when I wish I have never swaped this motor.
took a releable Civic and turned it into garage clutter for over a year.

I have Canadian Civic with a B16a2, Code 20 is a 'Quiet code (doesn't turn on the check Engine light)' it is for US B18's and b16's only (which I beleive have different Distributers that advance the timing when the AC is turned on) This allows the idle to remain constant when the AC is kicked on. Now this code is saying you have a differnt load for you Distributer. This is normal, and comes up on all non US engines. I too have it on my b16, Relax, don't worry, everything is fine. If you buy the Haynes maunual ($16 at CDN Tire) it shows you exactly how to check codes and although it is a POS for descriptive stuff, it has detailed ECU code stuff. Pick one up, you will need the one titled '94-97 Integra, civic and CRV (as this book covers b16 del sols and b18 integras)

Todd,

'wings and body kits don't make you go faster, If you want a porsche, buy a porsche'

Back