1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code 22, vtec oil pressure switch

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Sicrx55, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Sicrx55

Sicrx55 jont

I have a b18c1 in my crx and everytime i pop vtec it throws code 22. My vtec still works fine even with the code but it puts my ECU in limp mode which is really annoying so wat could be causing it to throw the code and why does my vtec still work fine with the code? also wen vtec pops it burns oil and shoots a puff of smoke out of the tailpipe but if i drive it normal it doesn't burn any oil. can the oil pressure switch cause it to burn oil?any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

possible problem with the lost motion assembly, when the last time you changed your pcv valve? whens the last time you changed your oil and filter? how does the oil look an smell?

3. Sicrx55

Sicrx55 jont

i havent touched the pcv valve, i changed my oil n filter about 2000 miles ago and it looks normal but smells a little like gas.

4. Sicrx55

Sicrx55 jont

so is it the pcv valve? does anybody else have any idea what it could be? cmon, i need some help with this.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted