code 22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

i posted this in general maintence before.. but it was the wrong place!

Hey I did my h swap in my accord and everything is going good now but i have a code 22! I believe its the vtec oil psi or other... whats that mean.. where is it.. how do i fix it... I thought it would be diffrent from the solinoid itself but ive never had this kind of problem! I aslo notices on my apexi v-afc that when you go to the monitor and watch both the vtec i and O ... only one comes on! when i had it on my f22 they both would come on at the same time... Im sorry this isnt the best wording but i have no other way of trying to say it! Im a fucktard lol help me!

code 22 =vtec pressure sensor.

Does your motor have a VTP sensor? (normally 2 wire roundish plug near vtec solenoid)
Is it wired right? (check wiring diagrams on main site)

VTEC pressure switch. Light Blue and Black/Red. Light blue goes to D6. Black to ground. I grounded mine to a nearby screw on the engine, but make sure you get a good one. Light blue should be ran directly to D6 at the ECU.

Even though I get this code you can still hear my car go into vtec! Im just wondering if not having it connected or if its faulty will it hurt the performance any... since I am running vtec basically off the v-afc? Im hoping that it is... that means my car should be running faster if i was not giving this code!

you need to get rid of this code.
The ECU will not switch onto vtec maps if you are throwing a code22, because it believes you are not entering vtec.
You however are using the VAFC to activate vtec behind the ECU's back. This means you are running the low cam fuel/timing maps on the high cam once vtec engages. This is very very vey BAD.

Fix your wiring.

Well Im kind of excited now to see! Im hoping my car will be quicker now! You could totally tell before... that after about 5500 or 6000 it wasnt really making anymore power!

run a wire from the vtec selenoid pin to the vtec pressure pin.
That way when vtec kicks in the ecu is getting tricked thinking the oil pres is enough

I have a new ecu ... thats the mugen spec or what not... thats chipped but i want this solved!

Yeah Tell me this now... I read my shop manual! It says check for voltage at your pressure switch connector... alright I did it! and it reads the 12-13 i dont remember which! So Than I went and changed my switch it self and that didnt help! This is weird! Any feed back???

This is the thing that hurts me the worst... my f22 came with the thing... I just plugged the mo fo in and now i get this! What da huck?

Originally posted by calvin@Oct 2 2003, 02:36 PM
That way when vtec kicks in the ecu is getting tricked thinking the oil pres is enough

Will that seriously work?

Originally posted by calvin@Oct 2 2003, 02:36 PM

Will this work??

Back