code 23 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ailachami

i swap a b16 obd1 into my car last month and just got a code 23 this week. i checked it and it is fuel management. but the engine idles fine and runs fine. i think it might be running rich sometimes because i can smell gasoline when i turn on the heat but goes away after couple minutes. can anyone suggest any problem?

Originally posted by ailachami@Nov 19 2004, 05:21 PM
i swap a b16 obd1 into my car last month and just got a code 23 this week. i checked it and it is fuel management.
[post=419374]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, fuel management, are you guessing that b/c you smelt some fuel? yes, it's your ks. what ecu are you using? if you're using anything other than a jdm pr3, jdm/usdm p30, or jdm/usdm p72, you're going to get this code. if you do have one of those ecu's and still get the code, you probably didn't wire it up when you did the swap like you were suppose to ;) it's on the back of the block right below the head, around the oil filter and oil pressure sensor, it's a one pin sensor ans should be green or black.

Back